Eliminating Wastewater Discharges
Best Management Practices for Designing Closed Loop Zero Discharge Wastewater Treatment System
HRP’s presentation shall describe the typical “best practices” and strategies used in various industries for a closed loop zero discharge wastewater treatment system. The presentation would be geared towards key elements required in order to assess the feasibility of a closed loop zero discharge wastewater treatment system. The presentation will focus on the following key elements:
- Facility Compliance goals
- Evaluation of the upstream process and its chemistry.
- Source and segregation of certain wastewater streams.
- Conceptualization of several treatment technologies.
- Pilot study.
- Engineering specifications:
- Design Basis,
- Process Flow Diagrams,
- Process & Instrumentation Diagram,
- Mass Balance,
- Equipment Spec Sheets,
- Construction Drawings, and
- Operation and Maintenance Manual.
- A closed loop treatment scheme – Metal Finishing Industry.
- A closed loop wastewater treatment scheme – Typical refinery unit operations in wastewater treatment system.
This course is a recording of a previously aired live webinar event.
Course Time: 60 minutes